21 January 2014

Mommy, You Did What?!

Our Little Boy has a bit of a comedic personality - he loves to entertain and make people laugh. In today's story, he was only being open and honest, he wasn't really trying. Truthfully, those are often the funniest times, when he is just stating the obvious.

So, here's what happened. Little Boy recently turned three and it was suggested he have an eye exam. He's always the most excellent of patients, but this was new and he was a little timid. For some added confidence he wanted to sit on my lap while the doctor performed his exam. No problem, Mom to the rescue.

I was wearing a hoodie and had my phone in my hand when he asked that I sit with him. I absently stuffed my phone in the front pocket of my hoodie, sat in the exam chair and plopped him up on my lap. The phone was on vibrate so as to not disturb the doctor and nurses performing their jobs - good patient Mommy that I am.

Little Boy is obeying the doctor's every direction and chatting small talk with him when I receive a text message. A text message is a double vibrate since my phone is on silent.

I'm not thinking anything of it until Little Boy says very calmly "Mommy, you tooted." The doctor stops his exam and he and the nurse start giggling. I quickly try to reclaim my dignity by declaring "No! That was just my phone, honey." But it was hopeless - too funny for anyone to even consider acknowledging the truth...

I'm sure my face was a little flushed, but I was laughing too. Even better, when you don't acknowledge the text, two minutes later it will buzz again. I can say it was a very long two minutes until I felt as though I was out of the woods!

Children really are hilarious and seriously do say the darndest things. Their timing is always impeccable and no one within earshot is ever exempt. I love it. :)

And I can't help but include a shot from one of Little Boy's favorite movies.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DaD4k148YcDU&h=0&w=0&sz=1&tbnid=h9U4HxLBkkU-TM&tbnh=194&tbnw=259&zoom=1&docid=WzXBKuRfvkvBCM&ei=Zl_eUtqRAueo2gXJ7oGYCw&ved=0CAsQsCUoAw

Kate

13 Comments:

Becky M said...

Kids say the funniest things :)

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Rhe Christine said...

you know what I find more hilarious? some of the things I find myself saying to my kids....I mean, for reals?!!

Ashley Dorey said...

That's too funny!! I can't wait to see what comes out of Wyatt's mouth some day!

Shannon Everyday Mom-ents said...

Hilarious! : )

mail4rosey said...

That is hysterical!! Kids are a riot, my favorite thing about them. :) Well, one of...

Thanks for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

Dana @ Kiss my List said...

Too funny! I wish I had been blogging when my kids were little, so I had documented all the funny things they did back then. Now they'd be mortified if I shared!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!

My daughter loves that movie too. She wants a fart gun.

Ines said...

I love the humor! I'm laughing while imagining this. I had fun reading. Your kiddo is so witty. It made my day!

Unknown said...

I just laughed out loud in the office. Blog success, definitely :)

Unknown said...


Are you going through a mid-life crisis for example a divorce,miscarriage,can't find love no need to worry bravespellcaster@gmail.com can help you with any personal need.many people will try to sugar coat the truth and give you false hope but not Dr.Brave he will tell you the truth and nothing but the truth and keep your hopes high and alive so, please dont waste your time and hope on somebody who doesn't deserve it..
Via Email: covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com
Via Mobile: +2348071622464
Via Website http://enchantedscents.tripod.com/lovespell/

Unknown said...


Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com she is a woman and she is great. wish you good time.
He cast spells for different purposes like
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dream
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) HIV/AIDS CURE
(10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

Contact him today on: traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am Hwa Jurong, a Private Money Lender do you need a loan to start up business or to pay your bills and a corporate financial for real estate and any kinds of business financing. I also offer Loans to individuals,Firms and corporate bodies at 2% interest rate. I give out loan to serious minded people that are interested of loan if interested contact this email: hwajurong382@yahoo.com.sg or hwajurong12@gmail.com

Gabriel Houston said...

Hello Every one that read my testimony i know that this are websites for comments and i don't want to abusive here or may be you think am here to make advert i just want to share this life experience with you all most of you might not believe in spell casting or think it evil which is never so that was what i also think at the first stage but when i get close to it i knew it never evil or bad even in the Bible there were spell caster who served God and also performs Miracle. just give it a little step of faith and things will change back for you. I really want to thank Dr Aluta for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left the home for almost 1 month, i was sick because of this and not my self any more so i told my friend about my husband situation then she told me to contact Dr Aluta a spell caster that he will help me bring back my husband then, i contacted him he told me that my husband is under a great spell of another woman. They cast a spell of return back of love on him, And he came back home for good and today we are happy family again. SHe helped me bring back my husband and i will want the world to contact him if you need any help here.(1) If you want your ex or divorce partner back.(2) if you always have bad dreams.(3) You want to be promoted in your office.(5) If you want a child spell or any disease you want it to get cured. you an reach him on his email traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!