07 October 2013

a Liebster, a Feature, and 2 Sunshines

I am pretty humbled and incredibly grateful to share with you that my little space in the blogosphere has been nominated three different times for two separate awards over the past two weeks. I really don't know what to say, except thank you. Thank you to those who nominated Seriously Kate and thank you to every single one of you who take the time to read what's going on in my life and in my head - and then continue to keep reading and sharing your thoughts.

In addition to the nominations, this post was also selected by Raising Reagan last Friday as one of her Featured Posts - another truly encouraging benchmark to motivate me to keep on keeping on in the bloggy world. Thanks Lanaya!

Now, onto the goods...

The first nomination to share is for the Liebster Award and comes from Amy at Don't Judge Me. This will be my third nomination for this award, and you can read about the first two here. Thank you Amy!


I received two nominations for the Sunshine Award this past week - Kristen from Happiness is a Mood not a Destination and Stephanie at Life, Unexpectedly.


The Rules
 
1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer ten questions about yourself.
4. Nominate ten bloggers to receive the award.
5. Pose ten questions to your nominees.
 
Questions from Kristen

1. If you had to choose only one, what would your favorite Fall activity be?
I'm not sure I have a favorite Fall activity. I mostly just love the crisper air and the change in season. I feel like I can breathe easier, and I love the warmer wardrobe.

2. What is your favorite part about the blogging world?
Aside from getting to know so many great people, I would say I enjoy mostly the realization it brings that you are not alone. In whatever it is you struggle with or experience, there are others out there who identify with you, encourage you, and rejoice with you.

3. When you moved in with your hubby/boyfriend/fiance, what was the biggest change for your relationship?
I honestly can't think of anything that stands out. I would say my biggest adjustment in living with someone came while I was in college. My freshman year, I learned to let a lot of things go and to share my space. It wasn't easy, but I learned a ton. I was definitely out of my comfort zone! I like things orderly and tidy...

4. Red wine or white wine?
No wine - I do not drink alcohol. I can honestly say I have never even tasted wine.

5. Tell us about your parents and/or siblings. Bonus points for a picture!
My parents are amazing, hard working folks. My mom is a pediatric nurse - which comes in so handy when I've got a sick kiddo :)  My father is primarily a farmer - we've always had lots of cattle and tons of hay to put up. I have one brother who is several years older and is married and has two children.

6. If you had the means, what would be your number one jewelry pick?
No idea... I'm not a big jewelry person. I try to remember to where my rings everyday and I might put in earrings on a special occasion. I suppose if I had any means, I'd go for a snazzy watch - that I'd only wear for a few months before going back to bare wrists. :)

7. You just got your dream job but it means moving. Which state would you want this job to be in?
I'd probably like to live out west, but not enough to leave all of our family. If it's my dream job, then I've got a personal jet and maybe we can make the travel part work. Ha!

8. So many shows have come back! What's your favorite? Embarrassment? Tell us about a childhood one.
NCIS is hands down my favorite and pretty much the only one I watch. Childhood show would probably be Saved by the Bell!

10. Favorite junk food item?
Chocolate candy bars... Reese's, Kit Kats, etc. Put any of those with an ice cold coke, and I'm in junk food heaven.
 
Questions from Stephanie

1. What is on your to-do list for fall?
Enjoy the cooler weather and do some fall wardrobe shopping for the family.

2. Have you bought any holiday presents yet?
Not even close. I wait until after Thanksgiving. I have an aunt who shops for Christmas all year long! But, I can't bring myself to do it until closer to December.

3. Pumpkin Spice Latte or Peppermint Mocha?
Neither. I'm not a coffee person. Although, I do love the way it smells.

4. What is your favorite book?
My all time favorite book is Pretense by Lori Wick.

5. Share something embarrassing.
My laugh can be uncontrollable and therefore too loud and annoying. I can be heard from way too far down the hall at work...

6. What is your favorite animal.
Baby calves. I always wanted my Dad to stunt one's growth after it was born so it could just be my pet. I secretly loved when he would have to bring one in from the field and freezing cold to keep it by the fire in the garage.

7. What was your favorite toy as a child?
No clue. Have I mentioned my memory stinks? I remember being pretty excited about my first CD player. And I loved my basketball "court". I played all the time.

8. Apples or pears?
Apples.

9. Are you going to celebrate Halloween?
That's a tough question. I'm not a fan of the holiday myself. I would pretty much ignore it completely if it weren't for Little Man's school and having a trick or treat and dress up day. I'd rather he not participate, but I also do not want him to be left out. It's a balance I'm not loving trying to find.

10. Were you a mommy's or daddy's girl?
Mommy's girl. My mom and I have always been close. Even through college and to this day, I talk to her at least once a week, most times more.
 
My Nominees
 
Shannon at Everyday Moments
Cortney at Our Fishy Family
Whitney at After Eleven
Allison at The Bauble Dept.
 
Questions for my Nominees
 
1. What made you decide to start blogging? And how long have you been at it?
2. Do you have a blog you aspire to be like?
3. Coke or Pepsi?
4. Favorite movie?
5. Socks or no socks?
6. Did you ever have braces?
7. Can you go a day without washing your hair?
8. Do you enjoy reading? If so, do you prefer electronic or hard copy?
9. Do you prefer cookie dough or baked cookies?
10. What is one thing that you would change about yourself if you could with the snap of your fingers?
 
I'm looking forward to reading your responses! Hope you're all having a fantastic start to the week.
 
As always, thanks for reading.
 
Kate
 
October 7, 2013


9 Comments:

Linda said...

Congrats! I enjoy your blog immensely!

Lifeonephoto said...

This is so awesome! I love your blog and I see I'm not alone. Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congratulations lady!!!

Shannon @ Everyday Mom-ents said...

Awesome job Kate!!! You are one busy woman and you deserved all of those awards!!!! Go Kate!

Hi! I'm Cortney said...

Congrats on all your awards and thank you so much for nominating me:)

Amy Lynn said...

Congrats!!! :)

mail4rosey said...

Congrats on the award. I love the calf story. :)

It's smart of you to not want to move too far from family, even w/a dream job. I wish I'd have been that smart when I was young. :)

Have a great week and thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

Allison said...

Congrats on all of your nominations! My husband would love to move out west, too, but I doubt we ever would because it would also be so far away from family. I'll have to check out Pretense, I've never read it before. Thanks for the nomination! :)

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

Thank you so much for joining in the fun, Kate! And congrats on the feature post, that's so exciting!

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!