02 January 2014

My 2014 Path to Contentment

Welcome to 2014 Lovelies! I am not usually one to make new year resolutions, but as I reflect over the past year, there are so many things I want to do better in the next one.

A Walk With God

I want to spend quality time with God every day. I want to truly develop my personal relationship with Him. I want to grow. I want to read His word, keep a mindset of prayer, and be faithful to His house. I know that I won't be able to do these things perfectly, but I want to have a reservoir of strength at all times to draw from when I fail, and I want to be sure that I keep going despite my failures.
 
A Balanced Life
I need to find the right balance in life, not just with work and home but with every aspect. I often find myself more focused on one area at a time instead of spreading my focus. I want to learn how to find that right balance for me and maintain it. I know this is something that people struggle with daily, but I also know that putting God in the center is the first and most important step.
 
A Healthier Body
I recently turned thirty, and am quickly learning I am not getting any younger. As someone who was always so active during my school years, being inactive for so many years after I think, escalates the getting old factor. Joints and muscles are starting to ache, and painfully. I'm also certain that my eating habits and weight do not have a positive effect on my health. I know that I cannot fully eliminate sweets and my addictive Coke, but I can make a concentrated effort to cut significantly back and minimize my fast food consumption.
 
A Better Woman
I want to be a better wife and mother. I want to strive to be the Proverbs 31 woman that my family deserves. I take so much for granted. I often withdraw to my own personal bubble and forget to consider the real blessings in everyone and everything in my life. I need to remember to be a supportive wife and a cherishing mother. My little boy is growing up so incredibly fast, and I know I'm not appreciating the everyday moments that will soon be a thing of the past.
 
A Consistent Blogger
And since this is a blog, you may be wondering if I have any grand plans for Seriously Kate this year. Honestly, I hadn't given it much thought until a little FTSF reminder arrived in my email suggesting we finish the sentence "My blogging goals for this year are..."
 
Basically, I'd like to minimize the blogging "spurts" and post more consistently. Although it may seem like it from time to time, I really haven't given up blogging altogether. I just go in spurts. I'm really the same way with books. I'll read several in a row and then I won't read for a couple of months. It's like I play hobby of the month instead of moderation in all the things I enjoy. I suppose it all goes back to balance, doesn't it?
 
I'd also like to spend more time reading others' blogs and developing the friendships I've made over the past year. I have a real connection with some of you and just like a friendship in the flesh, without a little time and effort they will fizzle, and that's not what I want.

As I read through what I've written, I realize I've got my work cut out for me in the year ahead. I want to revisit this post a year from now and know that I tried, and that when I failed I got back up again. I want to give myself reason to be content with who I am in 2014. And to do so will only be by God's grace. Lord, I pray you would help me to reflect YOU this year.

Wishing you all a wonderful 2014!

Kate

January 2, 2014

I'm linking up with Janine for FTSF and Darci for Five on Friday. Look at me, two birds with one stone. :)

18 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some great goals.
As I look back over them, they seem pretty broad.
Do you have measurable/specific goals for each category? They are easier to achieve with the help of friends and family.
You are in my prayers. :)


Dana @ Kiss my List said...

Happy new year, Kate! Your goals sound great to me - and I know you can achieve them! I tend to write in spurts, but then I save posts so I consistently publish two or three a week. That helps me keep a schedule.

Janine Huldie said...

Happy New Year to you, too Kate and will say I a truly trying to find better balance here and even devoted my FTSF post to just that tonight. So very much can relate to that goal and so many more of yours, too. Thanks for sharing :)

Hi! I'm Cortney said...

Love this post! Balance in life sounds like such an easy concept, but in reality is one of the hardest things to achieve and maintain.

Christine said...

All good things to strive for, especially the walk with God. With that, I"m thinking the rest will improve as well. I'm praying so, as I'm striving for many of these things, too.

Unknown said...

I recently (sort of) turned 30 to and have come to the same realisation as you! Your goals are really admirable and authentic. Wishing you a wonderful 2014 and lovely to find find your blog :)

Unknown said...

whoops, make that 'too', not 'to'. Too late at night here for good grammar ... think I'd better go to bed!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

I'm in your boat with wanting to spend more true, authentic quality time with the Lord. A few other bloggers and I are reading through the devotion called Wife After God. It's 30 days. A perfect way to jump start the goal with accountability! We'd love for you to join us!!! xx

Kristi Campbell said...

These are awesome goals! I, too, read and write in spurts, and it drives me nuts when I feel like I "need to" post something, so I'm trying to do a better job of that. I'm also trying to be more active and eat better!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Heart you so much already!! Just started following on GFC! Oh how I adore when the blogging world connects us to other believers! xx

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I'm the same way with books. I can be reading several at a time - one at home, one in the car, one at the office, and then all of a sudden, I don't read anything for several months. Well, books anyhow. Online is a whole other form of reading. So far when it comes to books, I'm still reading "the real thing" as opposed to using a reader. I'm sure if I live to see old age, libraries and books stores will be a thing of the past. :( [#FTSF]

Lizzi said...

Well now. How come this might be my first time here?! How in the world have I not stumbled across you before? Especially when you address people the same way I do, with "Hello Lovelies" *grins*

Good goals, that woman. I'll be back :D

Nina said...

We pretty much have the same resolutions. It makes me glad to know that a lot of us are in a similar place and excited to see where we will go.

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

{Visiting from 5 on Friday} I shared resolutions/goals for the year in my Friday post too :) Great list! Praying God will be glorified in and through you as you seek to honor Him in all things!! Have a beautiful first weekend of 2014 :)

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the first one. I was doing really well with my quiet time in the morning and then, sadly, my blog got in the way. I need to go back to getting up early and spending that time with God. I NEED it.

Anonymous said...

Great set of goals here, Kate! I like to spend my time with God while I'm running, so that kills two birds with one stone. He laughs at me and I curse his name, but it's all in good fun mostly. You should totally get on that healthier you thing! It's easier when you're young (you're still young) than when you get to be 40 like this guy, *points to self and cries a little bit.*

Unknown said...


Are you going through a mid-life crisis for example a divorce,miscarriage,can't find love no need to worry bravespellcaster@gmail.com can help you with any personal need.many people will try to sugar coat the truth and give you false hope but not Dr.Brave he will tell you the truth and nothing but the truth and keep your hopes high and alive so, please dont waste your time and hope on somebody who doesn't deserve it..
Via Email: covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com
Via Mobile: +2348071622464
Via Website http://enchantedscents.tripod.com/lovespell/

Unknown said...


Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com she is a woman and she is great. wish you good time.
He cast spells for different purposes like
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dream
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) HIV/AIDS CURE
(10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

Contact him today on: traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!