1. I love to buy Little Man shoes at Rack Room because it is always buy one, get one 50% off. On a good day, this means I get a new pair of shoes too. Check out these super cute slip ons made by Bluefin! I was really surprised by how comfortable they were.
2. Speaking of those new shoes for Little Man - I learned a valuable lesson today regarding shoes with white soles. Do not send child to school in said new shoes when the playground mulch turns everything that it touches black. Duh.
3. On Sunday, I finished reading one of the best books I've read in a long time. It was called Once Upon a Prince written by Rachel Hauck. I'm really a sucker for Cinderella stories and this one is beautiful. I love how it intertwines the Christian faith. It is also different enough from what you'd expect that it keeps you engaged even though you know the ending will be a happy one.
4. Little Man cried and clung to me every morning this week when dropping him off at school. It's so hard to just turn around and walk away from him. It did get better as the week went on - I know it wasn't easy for him going back to school after vacation. What helps ease that is when I pick him up at the end of the day, he is all chatty and excited to tell me about all the fun things he did. Sometimes, he even says he's not ready to go home. I'm really thankful for his teachers and the great care they take of him.
5. I had lunch one day this week at a Mexican Restaurant. The interesting thing about this is that I actually branched out and tried something new. I always get the hard tacos a la carte and hit the chips and salsa pretty hard. This week, however, I tried the Chicken Quesadilla Deluxe. It was delicious! I'm pretty excited that I have another option to add to the list.
Happy Friday to you and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Thanks for reading.
September 6, 2013