Today, I'm linking up with The Good Life for Five on Friday. I actually kept a little note going in my phone this week of things to share in this post. As a result, I think it's going to be maybe one or two more than five. I'll keep them short though - I promise!
1. I am excited to report that I finally caved and created a Facebook page for Seriously Kate. I can totally see a difference already. I was a little hesitant to start one because my goal is to maintain balance with my blogging - I was afraid of adding another form of social media to manage. I really had nothing to worry about. It's been a piece of cake!
2. On Sunday, my hubs wanted fried potatoes. Would you believe I have never ever in my life fixed fried potatoes? Both my mother and my mother-in-law are fantastic cooks, so I called them up to get a quick lesson. Heat up a little grease, throw in the diced/sliced potatoes, cover them for about 25 to 30 minutes on medium-high heat and voila! Don't these look amazing? I was so proud of myself - even if they were a little too crunchy once they cooled down.
3. I cannot, for the life of me, recall which blogger mentioned this really cool thing called theSkimm, but I signed up for it and love it. Monday thru Friday, I receive an email first thing in the morning giving me a recap on events from the day before - important events. What's neat, is the news is explained in everyday conversation and is pared down to the basics. You should totally check it out!
4. I thoroughly enjoy mowing our lawn. It usually takes close to two hours on a riding lawn mower. I use this time to listen to music or just enter a bubble to think and do nothing. I find it therapeutic. However, I'm done now. This summer has been so wet that not a single week has gone by where it didn't need cut. I'm no longer enjoying its therapeutic nature. Come on Fall!
5. I am so thankful for all of your prayers and encouraging words for Little Man. I am so happy to report that he is doing just fine. He doesn't mind me changing his bandage, and he even takes it off all by himself when it's time to change it. I think he's actually pretty proud of it now. If you missed his run in with the bulletin board and his mommy's emotional meltdown - you can read about it here.
6. I link up each weekend with two really cool blog hops, and each week you can enter to win a co-hosting spot for the next week. Would you believe that I won a co-hosting spot to both for the same weekend?! I'm pretty excited! Be sure to check them out this weekend and follow your hosts and co-hosts! ;-)
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
As always, thanks for reading.
September 12, 2013