02 February 2013

My First Award - Liebster

I am thrilled to report that Seriously Kate has received it's first award! (If I had a happy dance, I'd be doing it right now.)


The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who are new or are up and comers in the blogosphere and have fewer than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers of the same criterion. I am so thankful that Kimbo from It Is Interesting To Note believed my blog a worthy candidate - many many thanks to Kimbo!

Now for The Liebster Award Rules:

1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.

Eleven Random Facts

1. I have a small addiction to Coke. Especially cold coke on ice. I am particularly fond of the Large Coke from McDonald's because it comes in a styrafoam cup.

2. I love this time of year. My favorite of scenarios is cold, snow, and sunshine. Only God can create such a beautiful day as that. I also enjoy the lack of humidity, and I love to wear layers.

3. I once skinned and dissected a cat for a science class in high school. Once my lab partner and I got past the fact that it was a poor little kitty, it wasn't so bad. I'm not certain I could do it again though.

4. I have great fingernails. I inherited them from my grandmother. I never wear fingernail polish because the whites of my nails are naturally white and strong. They grow well and even break well. I rarely use nail clippers - I can just break them when  it's time.

5. I'm not at all good with indoor plants. I am the worst for remembering to water them. I also struggle in the summer to remember to water our hanging baskets and flowers.

6. I grew up on a farm and was a member of 4-H. Each summer, my brother and I each took a steer to the county fair. The fair was the absolute best week of the summer. It was huge in our community and it seemed like everybody was a part of it.

7. I come from a family of deer hunters. I've actually been a few times, but I never was "successful." When out in the woods, my father would have to constantly tell me to pay attention and stop making so much noise.

8. I make brownies just so I can eat the batter. I'll eat so much of the it that I really don't even want any actual brownies once baked.

9. I love office/school supplies. Instead of pens, I use pencils. I prefer regular pencils to mechanical ones, and I really like for them to be freshly sharpened.

10. I always become physically ill when I am subconsciously stressed or apprehensive. For example, in college I would always be prepared for a test, but regardless of how ready my mind was, my body wasn't. It is something I cannot control - so I'd end up sick to my stomach.

11. I love to make people smile and laugh. I will say things and act in ways that I know are absolutely ridiculous just to entertain. As shy as I am, once I'm comfortable, even I have a hard time reeling myself in.

Eleven Questions for Me from Kimbo

1. What household chore do you hate the most? I do not like to iron - at all. I put it off for as long as I am able. We opt for the wrinkle free clothing for my husband, but it's not always all that it's cracked up to be.

2. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I do this a lot - it really doesn't take much. But I think the last time was on the NCIS episode where Zeva's father was killed. I also cried on the last book I read, Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. And I cry on just about every Hallmark movie that I watch.

3. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? The best gift I have given was a group gift to my mother-in-law a few Christmases ago. My husband and I and his sisters purchased for her a laptop. She loved it so much and even teared up when we gave it to her - so of course I cried too. She had no idea it was coming and I love how excited and surprised she was. The worst gift is probably the nonexistent gift. A few Christmases ago, my husband and I agreed to not get each other anything. I stuck with that - he did not. He had put a pair of super  cute muck boots and a pair of gloves under the tree for me, and I had absolutely nothing for him.

4. What do you miss most about being a kid? I think I miss how active I was and how in shape I was as a result. I really enjoyed playing sports and being competitive.

5. What story does your family always tell about you? I've heard my mother share on more than one occasion how I taught myself to swim in a baby pool in the backyard at a pretty early age.

6. At what age did you consider yourself an adult?  I'd say around 27. At that point in my life, I was starting to feel responsible for things and people other than myself.

7. What’s one thing you wish you could “un-know”? I wish I didn't know anything about regret. Regret for things I've done, for things I didn't get to do, and for things I should be doing.

8. Where would you like to go on a dream vacation? I'd love to go to Hawaii someday. Disney. And maybe even on a Cruise.

9. What is your first memory of being really excited? My memory is not awesome, but I do vaguely remember my first pet. We brought the cutest dog home from the pet store when I was in grade school. We were inseparable. I was incredibly excited when my parents said okay to my pleas to have him.

10. What was the first thing you bought with your own money? No clue. Candy?? As a teenager, I'd say probably clothes.

11. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Being the only one present when my grandmother passed away. I know she waited on me before leaving this world.

Eleven Questions for Eleven More Awesome Bloggers

1. What inspired you to begin blogging?

2. If you had to watch the same movie over and over for a day, which would it be?

3. Do you prefer living in the city, the country, or somewhere in between?

4. If you could choose any profession, meaning you'd have the skillset required and money was not a deciding factor, what would you do?

5. How is your driving? Are you aggressive behind the wheel or are you patient and generous? Have you gotten any speeding tickets???

6. What life lesson do you find yourself having to learn over and over again?

7. Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?

8. Do you have a favorite Bible verse? If so, what is it?

9. Which do you prefer - physical books or e-books?

10. What one thing do you absolutely not leave home without?

11. What one thing scares you the most?

Eleven Awesome Bloggers

The Pursuit of Normal

Whispers from a Working Mom

Hope Whispers

Break It, Make It, or Bake It

Tesseract

A Fly On Our (Chicken Coop) Wall

Just a Normal Mom

Another Ordinary Day

Larks Notes This

Heartfelt Happenings

Beauty Life and Babies

It's entirely possible that any one or more of the above bloggers have received this award before - I think you deserve it again. And I based the follower quota on GFC.

Have a lovely day! And thanks for reading.

Kate

February 2, 2013

5 Comments:

Kristi from Finding Ninee said...

Congratulations on getting this award! You deserve it! And cold Coke on ice is the bomb.

Unknown said...

congrats on your first award!!! :)

Melanie
The 5th Level of Motherhood

Christine said...

Thank you! You are so sweet to think of me. I've already come up with answers for some of the questions.

Larks said...

Congrats on your award and thanks for tagging me! I'm totally addicted to cold Coke on ice too. And Pepsi is *not* an adequate substitute.

Unknown said...

Congrats Good luck on your future blogging

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!