11 October 2013

Pasta, New Shoes, and Blog Issues

Happy Friday Lovelies! I hope you've had a fantastic week... and that an even more fabulous weekend awaits you. There really is just something mighty sweet about Friday. :)

And in honor of all that is Friday, here's my week in a handful.

ONE
 
I was travelling on business this week and chose to eat at the Olive Garden. I love to eat there, but it's not on my hubby's list of favorites, so it was the perfect opportunity. My Seafood Alfredo was scrumptious.
 
 
TWO
 
On Wednesday, I was casually checking the blog page when I realized my design had went a little loopy. The background consisted of multiple photos that said something about photobucket and increasing bandwith. I thought for sure I had been hacked. I only had my phone with me and couldn't do any damage control without a computer. I did figure out that it was not a hack, thanks to the awesome ladies from the SITS Girls. It was something amiss with my blog designer's photobucket. I'd been thinking about a change lately anyway, so instead of trying to fix that, I just went new. What do you think of the new and improved Seriously Kate?


THREE
 
I did some shopping over the weekend, and I am so pleased with what I came home with. Two of my very favorite things are these lovely Jessica Simpson wedges and Anne Klein flats. I did well in the clothing department too, but am never this successful in my shoe searches. <3 <3 <3
 
Jessica Simpson Kellie Wedge          Anne Klein Alaner Flat
 
FOUR
 
I need your advice. The blog is receiving lots of anonymous comments that are spam. It annoys me. What are your thoughts on captcha? I am considering enabling it, but know how inconvenient it can be for commenters. Has anyone experienced this? I'd love to know how you've handled it. And it may just be that I need to deal - going with the fact that the pros outweigh the cons.
 
FIVE
 
In case you missed it, I came up with a new word - hermitude. Well, I thought I came up with it. Apparently, there is a hip hop band out there somewhere that goes by that name. I had to Google it before claiming it as my own. I guess technically it's not really mine, but I'm going with it anyway. :) 
 
Be sure to link up with these lovely ladies with your Five on Friday! And I hope you have a lovely weekend! 
 
 
 
As always, thanks for reading.
 
Kate
 
October 11, 2013

15 Comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Lovely new blog! I experienced the spam and I am using comment moderation instead of captcha...which to me, is annoying! :) You receive a copy of the comment first and then after reading it, you publish it if it is okay. Very easy!

Elizabeth Lynn said...

Definitely comment moderation instead of captcha! Definitely like you new background. Btw I love those wedges!

Kristen said...

I started blogging in February and have had no issues with those type of comments. I simply went into my blogger profile and where it says "Posts and Comments" in a tab on the left I clicked that the people that comment have to be a registered user of blogger. It's worked perfect! Such a tease too! Now I want some Olive Garden. :) I love their Create Your Own Pizza!

Ashley Dorey said...

I always love some good pasta!! Mmmmmm...

Candace said...

Love the redesign! And those shoes are awesome and a half. :) Sounds like you had a nice week! :) Happy weekend time, miss!

Danielle said...

Love the new design!

April said...

another vote for comment moderation! Its nice too, that I can get a preview on my phone and allow it to publish or not directly from the email without having to log into blogger.

Dana @ Kiss my List said...

Don't use captcha - readers hate it! I have wordpress so I use a plugin that catches spam, but it seems like you have some good advice from other blogger users. Your new design looks great! I rarely see the sidebar on the left side, but I like it. And I'm honored to be one of the blogs you heart :) I heart you too!

Sarah said...

we don't have the olive garden near me but DANG, it's good!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

Great new design!

mail4rosey said...

I love Olive Garden too! The blog looks great.

Congrats on the shoe scores!

I use blogger and it catches my spam pretty good. Some people really despise captcha (I got multiple requests to remove it when I started up) so I don't use it. I know others do and like it. I think it's just what you end up liking best. :)

Hannah said...

Hurrah for new shoes!!! #sss

Shannon @ Everyday Mom-ents said...

Yumm! I love Olive Garden but I love love love Red Lobster and shrimp!!! Those Anne Klien flats are perfect!! Are they comfortable? I am looking for a new pair of flats! Have a great day!!

Lena said...

I still have yet to go to the Olive Garden! I keep talking about going there but come date night we usually wind up somewhere else. We have one maybe 7 minutes from our house. :) So delicious looking!

Colette S said...

I love Olive Gardens too, but not the husband.
Glad you enjoyed.

It is a cute design.

Visiting from #SSShop
Aloha :)

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!