Thanks to the Friday Chaos Blog Hop, I met Falen from Upward not Inward. She and Laura are the authors of this great blog and each Friday post five fabulous things about the week.
I intend to join in with this as often as I'm able because I believe it is a great way to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness. And honestly, that is something I need to do this week. Instead of whining and complaining about all of the things that didn't go just as I had planned, I need to be thanking God for each and every one of His undeserved blessings.
My Fab Five for the week ending 1.18.13...
1. This week I am grateful for: my amazingly supportive family and friends. I occasionally fall into mindsets where I overanalyze things and fret/stress over what is to be or not to be. And I am so thankful that I have family and friends who understand this and remind me that all things are under God's control. In addition, they put up with all the talking/hashing it out I have to do until I remember that He is, in fact, in control.
2. This week I enjoyed: some time exercising. What?! Yes, I've started to spend at least three of my lunch hours each week at the gym, either walking/jogging on the treadmill or playing basketball. Although my body is definitely feeling the pain, my mind is loving it - it's all about those endorphins and endorphins make you happy.. :) Plus, it's a good start to being a bit healthier.
3. This week I learned: sometimes my fears, thoughts, and concerns are just the same as others. It's refreshing knowing that there are other ladies who have experienced those very same fears and have the very same thoughts and concerns. It's nice knowing that I'm not the only one and that we are able to impart and receive wisdom to one another.
4. This week I accomplished: changing the look of my blog. I had started out with a common template and finally moved onto something a bit more customizable. I'm still on the fence about it, but I'm trying to see if it will grow on me. This could be the very same sentence next week!
5. I am looking forward to: returning to my positive, glass half full self this coming week. I'd like to get back to putting my trust in God rather than in myself.
I hope you're enjoying the beautiful sunshine today.
Thanks for reading.
January 19, 2013
Four Years Old
22 hours ago