19 January 2013

Fab Five Friday 1.18.13

Thanks to the Friday Chaos Blog Hop, I met Falen from Upward not Inward. She and Laura are the authors of this great blog and each Friday post five fabulous things about the week.

I intend to join in with this as often as I'm able because I believe it is a great way to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness. And honestly, that is something I need to do this week. Instead of whining and complaining about all of the things that didn't go just as I had planned, I need to be thanking God for each and every one of His undeserved blessings.

My Fab Five for the week ending 1.18.13...

1. This week I am grateful for: my amazingly supportive family and friends. I occasionally fall into mindsets where I overanalyze things and fret/stress over what is to be or not to be. And I am so thankful that I have family and friends who understand this and remind me that all things are under God's control. In addition, they put up with all the talking/hashing it out I have to do until I remember that He is, in fact, in control.

2. This week I enjoyed: some time exercising. What?! Yes, I've started to spend at least three of my lunch hours each week at the gym, either walking/jogging on the treadmill or playing basketball. Although my body is definitely feeling the pain, my mind is loving it - it's all about those endorphins and endorphins make you happy.. :) Plus, it's a good start to being a bit healthier.

3. This week I learned: sometimes my fears, thoughts, and concerns are just the same as others. It's refreshing knowing that there are other ladies who have experienced those very same fears and have the very same thoughts and concerns. It's nice knowing that I'm not the only one and that we are able to impart and receive wisdom to one another.

4. This week I accomplished: changing the look of my blog. I had started out with a common template and finally moved onto something a bit more customizable. I'm still on the fence about it, but I'm trying to see if it will grow on me. This could be the very same sentence next week!

5. I am looking forward to: returning to my positive, glass half full self this coming week. I'd like to get back to putting my trust in God rather than in myself.

I hope you're enjoying the beautiful sunshine today.

Thanks for reading.

Kate

January 19, 2013

5 Comments:

Falen said...

Your endorphins comment reminds me of that part of Legally Blonde where she says, "endorphins make people happy, and happy people dont kill people." Yay for endorphins!! I like the look of your blog! Super cute! So excited you linked up with us!! Its our first time making it a link up amd it turned out fairly well I think. Weve been doing Fab Five for months. This week was the first time we made it a link up after many recommendations to do so. It's hard to do it every week, but really rewarding when you force yourself to find the good in even the worst week.

Love that God is in control!! He so is. And xonsider He knows whats best we endure and praise Him through the tough times. So happy to have met ya!! Hope your weekend is going wonderfully!!

Falen

Falen said...

Ignore typos. I commented with my phone. New
Follower too :)

Seriously Kate said...

I love Legally Blonde and that is one of my favorite lines! I use it all the time.

Thank you for the feedback on the look of my blog.. I really had been considering changing it but I think I'll sleep on it a while longer - especially if others do like it!

Am looking forward to linking up next week!

Thanks for hosting.

Kate

Unknown said...

Yay! I love this new template you're using! I had only been following your a few days when you switched it over and t was a really fun surprise! I think you should definitely leave it for a bit and sleep on it. Pretty please?

As for the Fab Five Friday... I think your list is awesome! What a great idea! If anything, it has shown you how relevant it is for you to "take captive all thoughts". Several of your Fab Five were about doing things to make you feel good and safe and positive. I can relate as I am a head-y person as well. It can leak into every part of my life if i don't get a hold of it. The thinking, more thinking, analyzing, etc leads me to get even farther in my head and away from the things I know to be Right and True. Your reminder has become mine as well ;)
Have a great week and keep on blogging 'cuz I love to read it!
Vicky
www.thepursuitofnormal.blogspot.com

p.s. I love your blog roll- how did you set that up?

Seriously Kate said...

Vicky - Can you believe as you were sending this comment, I was on the hunt for a different design. How do you feel about this one?! I did back up the other one so if it's hated, I can change it in a moment.

And thank you for the encouragement. It is so very much appreciated. :)

The blog roll... I just added a gadget and it was one of the first few on the list that comes up. Then you click add to list and you can pick from blogs that you are already following or by entering their URL.

Hope that helps!

Kate

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!