01 January 2013

Reflections of 2012

It's New Year's Eve and I am right where I want to be. Cuddled up in my bed with one of my favorite movies playing on TV - The Holiday, and enjoying Rolos and IBC Root Beer with my hubby. Our little one is fast asleep and I'm thoroughly surprised I'm even still awake. I may even watch the ball drop.

I was also perusing blogs I enjoy reading and came across the 2012 Questionnaire posted by Kelly at Kelly's Korner. A set of questions offering one an opportunity to reflect upon the past year and a challenge to consider the next.

1. What are you most thankful for? I am most thankful for my family, my health and my family's health, my employment, and God's mercy and unconditional love.

2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you? I have thoroughly enjoyed watching our little one grow into a toddler. He is so much fun. He keeps me on my toes, and truly brings out the inner kid inside - in me, in all of us.

3. What are you hoping for in 2013? I am hoping that I can restore the joy of my salvation - that I can rebuild the relationship with Christ that I once had. I want to be a better Christian, church member, mother, wife, and friend. I want to achieve balance, and I want to take better care of myself health wise.

4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows.) I love my new coat from Express and the new line from JC Penney - jcp. I enjoyed reading the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy, Pretense by Lori Wick (for the 3rd time), and a variety of other novels by authors like Sophie Kinsella and Emily Giffin. Oh, and the Stephanie Plum series. NCIS is the one show I must watch. I thoroughly enjoyed the new series Smash, and I think Modern Family is hilarious - I am a lot like Claire.

5. Who was God to you in 2012? God is a loving and patient Father. He is faithful even though I am not. He has never neglected me, although I neglect Him. And He has never moved, while I have drifted. Faithful and True.

Cheers to a new year and a fresh start - may God bless each of you in 2013.

Thanks for reading.

Kate

January 1, 2013

1 Comments:

Marie said...

I love the Holiday! I used to knit a lot and there are some seriously gorgeous knit sweaters in that movie.

I'm right there with you on #3, except I'd say build instead of rebuild.

I love Modern Family! Did you see that episode where Claire can't stop smiling when she talks about someone who died? It's really weird but I've done that. It made me feel better when I saw that episode cause I thought, "Oh good, there are other weirdos out there like me."

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!