It's New Year's Eve and I am right where I want to be. Cuddled up in my bed with one of my favorite movies playing on TV - The Holiday, and enjoying Rolos and IBC Root Beer with my hubby. Our little one is fast asleep and I'm thoroughly surprised I'm even still awake. I may even watch the ball drop.
I was also perusing blogs I enjoy reading and came across the 2012 Questionnaire posted by Kelly at Kelly's Korner. A set of questions offering one an opportunity to reflect upon the past year and a challenge to consider the next.
1. What are you most thankful for? I am most thankful for my family, my health and my family's health, my employment, and God's mercy and unconditional love.
2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you? I have thoroughly enjoyed watching our little one grow into a toddler. He is so much fun. He keeps me on my toes, and truly brings out the inner kid inside - in me, in all of us.
3. What are you hoping for in 2013? I am hoping that I can restore the joy of my salvation - that I can rebuild the relationship with Christ that I once had. I want to be a better Christian, church member, mother, wife, and friend. I want to achieve balance, and I want to take better care of myself health wise.
4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows.) I love my new coat from Express and the new line from JC Penney - jcp. I enjoyed reading the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy, Pretense by Lori Wick (for the 3rd time), and a variety of other novels by authors like Sophie Kinsella and Emily Giffin. Oh, and the Stephanie Plum series. NCIS is the one show I must watch. I thoroughly enjoyed the new series Smash, and I think Modern Family is hilarious - I am a lot like Claire.
5. Who was God to you in 2012? God is a loving and patient Father. He is faithful even though I am not. He has never neglected me, although I neglect Him. And He has never moved, while I have drifted. Faithful and True.
Cheers to a new year and a fresh start - may God bless each of you in 2013.
Thanks for reading.
January 1, 2013
Four Years Old
22 hours ago