19 January 2013

Sunday Social 1.13.13

I am so excited to report that I found another great blog hop to participate in. Sunday Social, hosted by Ashley Lately and A Complete Waste of Make Up, is a great way to meet and learn about other bloggers. I love the "answer the question" format and that it's the perfect combination of simple and genuine.


So, without further ado, here are my responses to last week's Sunday Social questions. (I was going to wait to start until the next Sunday, but couldn't pass up answering these.)

1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?

My blog is Seriously Kate. I came up with the Seriously part because I am always saying "seriously" in many different tones - as a question, sarcastically, and sincerely. It just seemed fitting.

When I first thought of my byline, embracing all things seriously, I actually looked up the definition of embrace and seriously to make sure what I was saying made sense. Essentially it means that I'm attempting to accept all things in earnest - whether it be with humor, love, anger, or even indifference.

Seriously Kate was created in December 2012. So, it is still the newbie blog on the block.

2. Why do you blog?

I know that I find encouragement from listening to others - there is so much wisdom that stems from life experiences. And since I enjoy writing, I hoped that by sharing some of my own thoughts and experiences, I could do the same for someone else.

Plus, it's a great way to spend my "me-time" when the little one is asleep and the hubby is watching tv!

3. What is the first blog you ever followed?

If my memory is correct, I do believe it was Kelly's Korner.

4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?

I do not have a whole lot to choose from, so this should be easy - Prayers for Newtown.

5. What are your blogging goals for 2013?

My vision for 2013 is to post at least twice a week and to build a solid foundation of friends and readers. I'd love to start my own blog hop or co-host one, and I've thought of doing an "Ask Kate" series.

6. Name your top 3 favorite blogs.

This is so incredibly difficult for me as there are so many wonderful blogs out there, and really, my list of favorites keeps growing and my favorites change everyday! But here are three of my many favs...


Since I'm running so late with this post, it's now time to work on next week's... which is tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Kate

January 19, 2013

1 Comments:

Dana @ Kiss my List said...

Just started following your blog, Kate. I'm a newbie too, and I may just join the Sunday Social so I can start meeting other bloggers. Btw, I love your blog design - simple and classy!

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!