14 January 2013

Best Movie Quotes (According to Me)


I am excited to join up with Stasha at The Good Life for this week's Monday Listicles. As I've mentioned before, I love lists of all kinds so I was quite pleased to have found this awesome hop.

Today's Listicle challenge is to share the 10 Best Movie Quotes. I initially thought this would be a piece of cake, but it turns out there are just too many to choose from. Regardless, here are 10 of my favorite, in really no particular order (except for maybe the first three).

1. Legally Blonde

Elle - Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't.

2. A League of Their Own

Jimmy Dugan -  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great.

3. The Holiday

Iris - Because you're hoping you're wrong. And every time she does something that tells you she's no good, you ignore it. And every time she comes through and surprises you, she wins you over, and you lose that argument with yourself, that she's not for you.

4. Never Been Kissed

Josie - That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that that it will go away all at the same time.

5. The Shawshank Redemption
 
Andy - Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

6. Tombstone
 
Doc Holiday - I'm your huckleberry...

7. The Sandlot

Ham Porter - You're killing me Smalls!

8. Two Weeks Notice

George Wade - Before you came into my life I could make all kinds of decisions now I'm addicted I have to know what you think. What do you think? 

9. Miss Congeniality
 
Gracie - You think I'm gorgeous, you want to kiss me... You want to hug me... You want to love me... You want to hug me... You want to smooch me... You want to...

10. A League of Their Own

Jimmy Dugan - Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! 
 
Would love to hear what your favorites are.
 
And as always, thanks for reading.
 
Kate
 
January 14, 2013

18 Comments:

Unknown said...

These are awesome! That was a lot of fun, reliving those movies through the quotes!

Gina said...

Oh my God! I forgot all about that Miss Congeniality quote. It was the one of the best lines in that hilarious movie. And I love The Sandlot and Shawshank Redemption I could watch a million times more.

Unknown said...

The best lines come from Date Night with Steve Carell and TIna Fey. There are too many to count but I'll try:
1. You think I want to be a bitch? You think I like being like this?
2. And everyone freaks out when it's time to put on pajamas because it's SUCH a surprise that we're puttting on pajamas. Like we don't put them on every night.
3. Oh my gosh do you have any contact with your mother?
4. Who likes shirts?
5. Why do you have muscles on your shoulders?
6. And... how about just the whole dang movie?

kimberly said...

Lovely list. I especially like #1. I think I may start exercising. ;)

AudreyN said...

Oh I love 2 weeks notice! Great list!

Jessica B said...

Great list! Makes me want to rewatch a bunch of those movies :)

Azara said...

#9 - Haha! That's a good one.

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms said...

Love this one from League of Their Own: "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great." That is inspiration right there!

Love your picks. Ellen

Tracy said...

Thank you for the follow! This post made me spit out my morning coffee. I LOVE the quotes you picked!

Paulina z simplistic.pl said...

I totally fell in love with your blog template!

What do you think about following each other? :>

xoxo

Lana said...

I saw Sandlot when it came out in theaters and I still quote Ham Porter once a day AT LEAST! My favorite movie quote is from "When Harry Met Sally" Harry: I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
Sigh...
PS-Thanks for stopping by! I like the snow, too. I've just been cold long enough now. :)

Christine said...

Oh, you have some good ones...
I love that line in Miss Congeniality. And both from League of their own. Shawshank Redemption is one of the best movies of all times. Love Sandlot too. And I forgot how funny Legally Blonde was.
Basically, great list!

momto8blog said...

ha!! love your list!! I once referred to the quote there is no crying in baseball in a blog post and got confused comments asking me about my baseball career...
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Unknown said...

My all time favorite is "After all, tomorrow is another day." I love that quote from Gone With the Wind. Found you through Raising Imperfections blog hop. Love your list, smiled at the Tombstone one since I love that Doc quote.
http://georgielee.blogspot.com

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

I love this quote...."Mother and daughter pregnant together?!? get out of town!" Father of the Bride Part 2

Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
Leslie
www.violetimperfection.com

Lanaya | Raising Reagan said...

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." Maximus
Thank you for linking your favorite post to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured! Good luck

Lanaya
www.raising-reagan.com

Unknown said...

Have always loved quotes from "A League of Their Own"!

Stasha said...

I can actually hear Sandra Bullock Singing that right now! Great list. I must tell my husband what Ella said, he will sleep a little easier tonight ;)

Post a Comment

i HEART comments! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!