This week's Listicle challenge is to expose your closet. I find this just a tad intimidating. A close look into your closet doesn't only reveal your style in clothing and shoes, but it provides a glimpse into who you are. I may be attributing way too much thought to this, but the truth is, I learned a little bit about myself.
For starters, I have entirely too many clothes that I no longer wear. I keep saying that I'll lose weight and be able to wear them again, but never actually do. Clearly I have no follow through. I have a collection of beautiful scarves that I have never worn and a slew of belts that I never use. Although I desire to be stylish, I'm not willing to do what it takes. The portion of the closet that my husband shares is probably a 1/5th of what I am occupying. I am either a hoarder or just a tad high maintenance. I hide things that belong to my toddler that I do not want him to have unlimited access to. I must not completely trust him - but I think that's to be expected.
So, what did I find in my closet... Here's my list of ten.
1. A collection of sweaters and shirts. Below is a picture of my current favorites.
2. A collection of shoes including dress flats, boat shoes, high heels, and boots. The rough looking pair below I found at Walmart. I absolutely wore them out. This is actually the second edition and I refuse to toss these stinky things.
3. A step stool with a humidifier sitting on it.
4. A storage bin with clothes I can no longer wear.
5. A collection of scarves I never wear, but totally should.
6. Sheets for the bed.
7. Dumbbell weights I never use.
8. A pistol.
9. My little one's karaoke machine.
And my favorite...
10. An Elmo Potty - Yes, the potty training with Elmo back fired. It is seen clearly as a toy and not as a potty, so I put it in the closet to prevent confusion.
So, what's in your closet? (And I said this to the tone of the commercial "What's in your wallet?")
As always, thanks for reading.
January 21, 2013